mWave Industries, LLC is hiring for a Radio Frequency Engineer. This is an on-site position based in Windham, Maine. mWAVE is a leading global provider of innovative custom and commercial microwave antenna solutions with special focus on Millimeter Wave Reflector Antennas. Our microwave antenna brands include the industry leading Mark Grid, Gabriel, mWAVE and Quickfire lines of terrestrial microwave antenna which are recognized worldwide for their robust designs and reliability. Established in 2004, we design and manufacture standard and custom microwave antenna products for commercial and government applications spanning the scientific, defense, and academic communities.
mWAVE is part of Alaris Holdings Ltd, a publicly-traded technology company with engineering and manufacturing locations in the US, UK, Finland and South Africa.
The RF Engineer is responsible for working independently as well as with other engineers and advisors to support our multiple antenna products and development. This position is hands-on and is an integral piece of our Engineering team here in the US Market. The position is responsible for RF design of antennas, certain aspects of product testing and ensures the company’s RF products conform to internal and external standards and specifications..
|Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design and modeling of RF/Microwave Antennas to include Microstrip, Horn, Spiral, Dipole, Blade and reflector antenna and associated components such as hybrids, feed structures and filters from 100 MHz to 110 GHz, for a variety of applications, utilizing computer design tools such as HFSS, CST, GRASP, WIPL, MATLAB & MATHCAD.
- Supporting the build of antenna prototypes
- Supporting the Sales department in estimating RF design and testing engineering time for new products
- Understanding customer requirements and ensuring that all development work conforms to requirements
- Visiting customers and engaging in other customer focused communication as needed
- Working with Mechanical Engineering to ensure clear build instructions are in place for the production floor
- Perform RF measurements including Return Loss, Insertion Loss, Phase, Coupling, Pattern and Gain measurements,
- Providing guidance to the production team during the build if assistance is needed
- Setup operational testing and evaluation of engineering hardware in a laboratory environment as well as far field test range and anechoic chamber utilizing state of the art as well as legacy equipment.
- Participating in cross-training of other RF engineering team members under the direction of the Engineering Manager
- Ownership of project responsibilities from conception to conclusion
- Working on R&D projects for new applications/products
- Managing ad-hoc queries from other departments (i.e. Sales, Production, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Masters or PhD qualifications in Electromagnetics is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of design and project experience in an electronic related field, specifically one involving electromagnetics or microwave/RF engineering
- Knowledge of a wide variety of antenna designs
- PCB materials and bonding experience a plus
- A willingness to be hands on with a good mechanical aptitude
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and good interpersonal skills
- Military service a plus
- 18 days of PTO and 9 paid company holidays per year
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plans offered
- Company bonus plan
- Small company environment where everyone knows each other
No Recruiters or Phone Calls Please
mWAVE Industries LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.