Vacancy: Managing Director – Alaris mWAVE (mWAVE Industries LLC)
Location: Windham, Maine, New England – USA
Based: Onsite with regular travel
Sector: RF and Microwave antenna technology for satellite communications, commercial, and defense applications
Package: competitive salary, medical and benefits package with annual bonus up to 4.5x monthly salary based on company performance, individual KPI accomplishment and group achievements; long-term incentive plan (share options) in Alaris Holdings Ltd.
Reporting: to the Group CEO
About the company
Alaris mWAVE, based in Maine, USA is an industry leader in the design of custom and commercial antennas and feed systems. Our product portfolio of antennas and feeds is extensive and home to the industry recognized mWAVE, Gabriel and Mark antenna lines of terrestrial microwave antennas. These brands are recognized for their RF and mechanical robust designs and reliability. Our products can be found in hundreds of commercial and government applications spanning the wireless carrier, satellite communications, defense, utility, public safety and academic communities.
We are currently seeking a highly self-motivated, entrepenurial, commercially aware, financial literate, experianced professional to join our global Executive team as the Managing Director of our US business, Alaris mWAVE.
This is an exciting and autonomous opportunity to join a niche global technology group and take the helm at our US company, situated within the largest market sector for our industry. The role will play a crucial part of our startegic vision as we seek to capture growth while ensuring the stability and profitability of the business. The job holder will have full responsibility for the busienss and its success working with our teams across the world while ensuring our operations in Maine are focussed and resourced to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We currently have operations in the UK, Germany, Finland, South Africa and the US.
You will be responsble for:
- Running the business, driving it as a commercially astute, financially aware, and diligent entrepreneur, operating as an industry professional, able to work across all aspects of a small business with a team and within a group structure.
- Key account sales and nurturing customer relationships in person and through management of a sales team, ensuring delivery of exceptional customer experience.
- Identify and lead new business development and strategic direction, developing new opportunities and new markets and driving growth and sustainability.
- Change management and business transformation, ensuring processes and systems are in place and adhered to and drive the commercial success of the business.
- Lead and manage a business team, providing guidance and support to achieve business targets, high growth, and robust profitability.
- Financial ownership, ensuring budgets are achieved, costs are managed, and resourcing is appropriate while driving margins through innovation, products, and technology.
- Ensuring the company has appropriate procedures in place to operate safely, efficiently, and effectively while developing skills and ensuring a strong sense of well-being and ownership.
- Local knowledge and expertise, to understand market trends, US trends and through collaboration with your peers across the globe, maximize the groups cross selling potential.
- Manage risks, report accurately, timely and honestly, ensure adherence to legislation, operate ethically with integrity and provide a safe working environment for all, be a trusted partner to the Group’s executive and local team.
- Provide input to the Group Exco and Board, working with the Group’s board, peers, and colleagues at all sites to ensure clarity on the business condition, performance, opportunities, challenges and risks.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for local and Groupwide requirements.
- Work closely with the local and groupwide engineering teams and Group CTO to drive margin through innovation and technology.
Alaris mWAVE operates alongside our Alaris USA business which is a reseller for our non-US based products. The job holder will have responsibility for this sales operation where the VP of sales will report directly.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role with a small or medium sized enterprise, preferably in the RF antenna / microwave / engineering and manufacturing space. Experience within defense, aviation or communications industry is desirable, not essential.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking, problem solver and solutions provider.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Strong process and analytical focus.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Track record of driving transformational change and delivering results.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task, juggle internal and external pressures, and work within a small but growing international group.
- Flexibility, willingness to travel, while being able to roll up your sleeves and make it happen are all essential skills for the successful candidate.
Candidates ideally will have at least five years’ experience in a senior leadership role and have operated in an autonomous business or subsidiary of a group.
Languages are beneficial, English essential, both written and oral with an ability to present and prepare reports and external documentation.
Candidates should be computer literate and be able to competently operate MS Word/Excel and PowerPoint while experience with Dynamics Nav/Business Central; Sales Force and RF simulation tools (i.e. CST, MATLAB, TICRA) would all be beneficial.
- BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing), or
BS in Business Administration or equivalent or MBA / CPA or equivalent BS in Business Administration or equivalent
- Advanced Engineering Degree (master’s or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing) or MBA / CPA or equivalent
About the Alaris Group
Founded in 1997, is a global radio frequency (RF) technology Group. The Group prioritizes the creation of its own products and safeguarding its intellectual property. It delivers technologically advanced solutions and products to various sectors, including defense, aviation, marine, wireless, industrial, healthcare, research communities, and government institutes. The Group strives to become a dependable technical advisor and partner in the RF technology field, as reflected in its subsidiaries’ customer-focused approach.
An acquisitive group, currently based in South Africa and until recently listed in the JSEx in Johannesburg, the group is currently exploring the opportunity to relocate its holding company to the UK with a possible releasing on the LSE AIM in the future to assist drive its growth strategy.